Did you know we are certified?
According to PLANET (Professional Landcare Network), “The achievement of the Landscape Industry Certified designation demonstrates a distinguished level of professionalism. Certification is voluntary and it represents a professional’s dedication to exhibiting superior knowledge in his or her field. Only a select few, approximately 1% of landscape professionals working in the United States today, are certified.”
Currently, Summit’s owner David Doyle holds 2 certifications through PLANET. Hardscape Installation and Irrigation.
What does this mean?
It means that he is…
- COMPETENT—He has passed an exam demonstrating a mastery of skills and relevant knowledge to perform his job effectively. He sends the message that he has been evaluated against standards of practice that other subject matter experts and practitioners believe is necessary for competent practice in his profession.
- COMPETITIVE—By earning and maintaining his designation, he shows that he understands how to stay ahead in his career, and how to take responsibility for his own professional development.
- COMMITTED—He invested time and preparation to earn his credential, and he maintains his active status through continuing education that qualifies for biannual recertification. Staying current with industry changes is important, especially in this dynamic field.
Being Landscape Industry Certified demonstrates that he is …
- PROFESSIONAL—He has taken his experiences, skills, and desire for excellence to the next level by studying, testing, and becoming certified. He represents an elite group, demonstrating a commitment to technical expertise and industry knowledge to better serve you and your needs.
- PROFICIENT—He has been evaluated against a set of skills and knowledge that demonstrates competent practice in his profession and he maintains his certification through continuing education. His up-to-date, ongoing education on current trends and techniques enhances his ability to improve your property.
- PREFERRED—Hiring a Landscape Industry Certified professional gives you peace of mind in knowing that you are choosing someone with a distinguished level of professionalism and technical knowledge to care for your exterior or interior landscape. He takes his profession seriously and that is reflected in the quality of his work.
How does this set us aside from our competitor?
We receive calls from clients expressing their frustrations about the “landscape contractor” who took advantage of them previous. Or they didn’t receive what they were paying for because the landscape contractor really didn’t know what he was doing in the first place and actually made things worse. Not only does this give landscapers a bad rap, but it also costs you more money by having to pay a second landscape contractor to come in and fix what should have already been taken care of the first time. By hiring a Landscape Industry Certified individual you know that they are qualified and insured. There is a certain peace of mind in knowing that your landscape was built with expertise and quality materials that will be safe and sound for many years to come.
Contact us if you would like help creating an outdoor space you completely love.